• Breaking News

    The military captures last known strongholds of the boko haram insurgents - So they say

    The Nigerian army has confirmed that the so called Boko Haram sect had no known base beyond the Sambisa forest.

    Maj. Gen. Lucky Irabor, the head of Nigeria’s counter-insurgency operation in the north-east, disclosed this during the press conference in Maiduguri, the Borno state capital.

    Irabor stated that the Boko Haram fighters had been displaced from their last known hideout, Mallam Fatori, on September 27.

    He said: “We have captured Boko Haram’s last known strongholds of Abadam and Mallam Fatori, and we are now consolidating our hold.”

    The army commander lamented that the retake of Mallam Fatori from the terrorists was not without a cost as the military recorded human and material loses. This is a great loss to the Nigerian Army.

    Mr. Irabor added that the soldiers were not celebrating yet as they were holding on powerfully to areas recovered from the Boko Haram fighters and were ready to repel any attack.

    He added that the recent success of the army and the reduction of the attacks did not mean we have heard the last from the insurgents.

    As we all know these so called insurgents will stop at nothing to bring down our country but we will not let that happen.

    The military official said there was an ongoing battle to uproot the insurgents from the Sambisa forest.

    However, one of the locals, Ibrahim Musa had earlier said that the at least five communities and one town in the Borno state are under the control of the Boko Haram fighters.

    The fear of the return of the militant group spread with the report that the terrorists hoisted flags in some villages in Borno state.

    The Nigerian army, meanwhile, denied the report and said the region was secure.

    No comments

    Post Top Ad


    Post Bottom Ad